Another idea for geolocation-related service. C’mon, I give it out for free!
- Using GPS-enabled communication device, defining zones - “Home”, “Work”, “Parents”, “Tesco over the corner”
- Assigning each zone some tasks:
- “Home” -> “Pay the bill from nPower”
- “Work” -> “Talk to boss about holidays”
- “Parents” -> “Ask if they’ll take our cat for two weeks”
- “Tesco” -> “No sugar at home! How can I drink coffee now?”
- Well… start walking! As soon as you get into one of the zones, your GPS enabled device will blow up with a burst of reminders.
Few issues though, one of them - constant checking of GPS location may be too battery-consuming. Possible workaround - do a geolocation of several levels:
- Most rough - GSM-based positioning
- If we understand, that we’re somewhere in the area of one of the zones - try to use wi-fi geolocation
- If we’re really close to the zone - do a beep
- If wi-fi positioning isn’t available - use (A-)GPS.
This way it may save awful amount of battery power while still providing good positioning.
Anyone up for doing such thingie? :-)